The Forest Apothecary serves as an ecclectic online compilation of some of my herbal recipes, plant ponderings and insights.

I hope you find my notes here useful and enjoyable.

~ Green Blessings ~

Herbal Ally 2001


Greetings Woodland Wanderers! The weather is freezing here! I'm dreaming of spring, and just received the Richters catalog in the mail, so I'm full of inspiration for new herbs in the garden. I was delighted to come across this Herbal Ally Challenge for 2011. You can check my sidebar for the button and direct link to the challenge. I'm slow in starting since I just found out about it, but after much pondering over what herb to ally with this year, I decided on my old friend Rosemary. Since there is nothing growing in my garden this time of year, she was the obvious choice, especially given that I'm wintering a large pot of Rosemary inside for the first time this year! So it will be a winter journey for both of us. I'm already cracking the books, taking in all I can about this beautiful plant. I've also started gathering some materials to create my herbal journal and will share some of this process in future posts. Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment